Membership in the National Honor Society™ is one of the top honors students can receive at Marshall High School and across the country.
NHS® honors those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.
How Students Become Members
Invitations & Deadlines
- All juniors and seniors, having been Marshall students for at least one year, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5, will be invited to submit a Candidate Information Form at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Eligible students should look for these emails in their fcpsschools.net accounts.
- Late entries will be continuously accepted throughout the year, but only those that were received prior to the deadline will be considered during that academic year’s selection process.
The Selection Process
- To be part of NHS, students must be selected by the school’s 5-member NHS Faculty Council, which meets once a year to review the qualifications of eligible students.
- Official NHS selection criteria are clearly delineated in the materials that are provided to eligible students AND their parents at the time of invitation.
- In addition to maintaining their GPA of 3.5 or higher, students must provide sufficient evidence of achievement in leadership, service, and character to be selected for membership in the honor society.
- A mandatory induction ceremony for all selected students will take place near the end of the fall semester. Selectees do not officially become members until they have been inducted.
Visit nhs.us for more information about the National Honor Society and the benefits of being selected for membership.